You can save money on food in all kinds of ways, including:
- ● Use coupons to save money on products you would generally buy.
- ● Shop at different stores to get the best prices.
- ● Plan menus ahead of time instead of at the grocery store.
- ● Try not to shop when you’re hungry.
- ● Shop without your kids, if possible.
- ● Buy cheaper store brands.
- ● Eat at home whenever possible.
- ● Pack a lunch for school or work rather than eating out.
- ● Bring coffee to work or drink free coffee at your office if it’s available.
- ● Check out food pantries.
- ● Determine your eligibility for food stamps (SNAP), WIC, and free and reduced school lunches. (See Chapter 9.)