Filter Results CategoriesCart

Reporting Change in Income If You Receive a Needs-Based Benefit

If you are receiving a needs-based benefit, such as SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, SSI, certain veteran’s benefits, or receiving unemployment compensation, report to the agency administering the needs-based benefit any changes in income that may affect your eligibility. Examples could be increased wages from overtime, a temporary job, or renting out part of your home. Failure to do so could result in a fraud determination or a requirement that you return overpayments. Check with a legal advocate if you have questions about what and when to report changes.