Filter Results CategoriesCart

Seeking Help

You may be able to get help with your tax problems from a Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic. These are legal clinics based at law schools and legal services offices that help low-income taxpayers who have disputes with the IRS. Clinic locations are listed in IRS Publication 4134: Low Income Taxpayer Clinic List, and can be searched online at Another option may be your local legal services office, which can be located using

In some cases, you can get assistance from the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service, an independent organization within the IRS that helps taxpayers who have not been able to resolve tax problems through normal channels. You should fill out Form 911 or call 1-877-777-4778 to request Taxpayer Advocate Service assistance. IRS forms can be found at